Did you know that the Volusia County Schools Instructional Management Systems (VIMS) provides you with access to your child’s attendance, grades and assignments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any computer with an Internet connection? This access requires a confidential username and password that will be provided to you by your child’s school. Follow the link below for step-by-step instructions to create your new account.
If you have additional questions, contact Ms. Serene Henderson, the School Academic Coach, at 386-3749-6800 extension 23760.
Things You Can Do At Home to Help Your Child At School
When you connect with your child every day, your child benefits for life. When he or she knows you care and are concerned about their education good things happen! Below are a few tips for your child’s success:
- Be involved from the get go! Instill a love for learning.
- Be a positive role model.
- Partner with your child’s teachers.
- Monitor your child’s homework, assignments, grades and attendance.
- Talk and listen to your child.
- Develop a routine or specific time for homework where you are available to help or listen if needed. You are vital to their success.
- Ensure your child is at school, on time, every day possible.
- Be sure that your child is getting adequate sleep at night.
- Volunteer at your child’s school.
- Applaud your child’s effort!
QUESTIONS: If you have questions regarding your child’s progress, please email your child’s teacher or call the School Counseling Office to schedule a conference.
Homework Request Procedure
School Counselors are available for conferences throughout the school day. However, to ensure that your child's counselor is available, we recommend that you call ahead and set up an appointment. Please contact our secretary, Ms. Louise Everett, at 386-740-9800 extension 23743. Parent/Teacher conferences are setup with at least 24-hour advanced notice.